What are the signs and symptoms?
The signs and symptoms of prostate cancer depend on the stage of disease. Many patients with early disease do not have any symptoms. Some may experience the following signs and symptoms:
- Frequent urination
- Excessive urination at night
- Weak or interrupted urine flow
- Need to strain in emptying the bladder
- Blood in urine
- Blood in seminal fluid
However, these urinary symptoms can also be due to other causes such as an enlarged prostate or benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH), an infection of the bladder and medication.
If prostate cancer has spread beyond the prostate gland, men might experience:
- Pain in the back, hips, thighs, shoulders or other bones
- Swelling in the legs or feet
- Unexplained weight loss
If you experience any of these symptoms, please speak to your doctor, who will help you to find out the cause.